Saturday, February 2, 2013

My Quest to Watch Every Movie on AFI's Top 100 Lists

In 1998, the American Film Institute released its first top 100 list in the 100 Years...series.  The first was a list of the 100 best American movies.  They continued releasing a new list until 2008 releasing a total of 13 lists.  Out of the 13 lists, 9 of them had a ranking of movies in various categories.  They are:
Most of the lists are Top 100 lists except the film scores and movie musicals which are Top 25 lists.  The last list (10 Top 10) are a list of the Top 10 movies in 10 different genres.

In total, there are 412 different movies in these 9 lists.  Last year, I began a quest to watch all 412 movies. So far, as of today (Groundhog Day - #34 on 100 Laughs), I have watched 144 of the 412 movies or 35% of the total movies.

In upcoming posts, I plan to give my ratings about each movie and some thoughts.  I don't have a writing or film background, so my thoughts will be brief.  Since my background is statistics, I will also give data on each film.  In addition, I will provide reviews of each movie and other useful links.

No comments:

Post a Comment